Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sandra "Sandi" Wilkes Pyne, BHS 1969

Sandra "Sandi" Wilkes Pyne, BHS 1969

Burbank Newspaper, January 27, 1970

Funeral services will be conducted Wednesday for Sandra Pyne, 19, who died Friday, January 23, 1970. Services will be at 10 a.m. at the Little Country Chapel at Pierce Brothers Mortuary, 10621 Victory in North Hollywood. Interment will follow at Valhalla Memorial Park.

She is survived by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Guy Wilkes of Burbank; one sister, Mrs. Connie Mills of Arleta; one brother, Jerry Thomas of Charleston, West Virginia, and grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Elbert Field of Charleston, West Virginia, and Mrs. Henrietta Wilkes of Ontario.

NOTE: Sandi was shot and killed by her estranged husband and former Burbank High School english teacher Raymond Pyne. Ray Pyne was found guilty and sent to prison, but has since been parolled and is no longer in prison and is a free man.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Sandi with such wonderful memories. She was always so kind and funny. My mom sent me the newspaper story when I was overseas in the Navy. I was just devastated. RIP my friend.

    ReplyDelete