Friday, November 5, 2010

Claudia "Coco" Chammas, BHS 2000

Claudia "Coco" Chammas, BHS 2000

October 11, 2006, Burbank Leader

Woman killed when car hits light post

A 24-year-old Burbank woman was killed Sunday evening when she crashed her car into a light post on the corner of Western Avenue and Lake Street just after 9 p.m., Glendale Police Officer John Balian said.

Claudia Chammas was headed south on Western approaching Lake when she swerved to avoid a car waiting at a red light at the intersection and hit the post, Balian said.

Chammas died on impact when her 2006 Toyota Corolla hit the post at nearly 60 mph, he said. "The speed limit on that street is 35," Balian said. "If she would have hit at 35, she would have lived." No other vehicles were involved and no passengers were in the vehicle.

3 comments:

  1. I knew her. She was sweet. She was smart. I saw her just five months before this happened. She gave me her number. I used to get DVD's from her store. I never had the nerve to ask her out before that point - but we ran into each other at a 7-11 and finally asked for her number. She was so pretty. I will always remember her that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why was she going 60 mph on a residential street is my question?

    ReplyDelete