Monday, April 4, 2011

Warren Patrick Fligg, BHS 1967

Warren Patrick Fligg, BHS 1967

November 17, 1949 - January 24, 2011


Pat Fligg passed away on January 24, 2011 after fighting Luekemia (AML) for 3 months. He had a very successful first round of chemotherapy, but the second round was too much for him. My mom, his brother-Mike, one of his great friends-Bob Weiss, and I were there at the end. It's a moment I wish he never had to experience.


We just had his funeral on March 25th at the West Point Military Acadamy in NY. West Point was such a huge part of him and I am glad he can now rest there. He even broke a few speed records in the pool there! He was honored with the 21 gun salute and my mother was given the flag. It was truely beautiful. Afterwards, we had a reception with his friends and family that flew in from around the country. We had a slide show with photos from his entire life... wish he could have seen the turnout! He would have been impressed!


He had a great time seeing everyone at the Burbank Centenial and the pictures of the past were great! I really enjoyed seeing them! I am so very proud of who he was and miss him so much!!!! I wish he was only just away on a trip to Asia or Hawaii...~Wendy, Daughter


Note: Pat was on the Burbank High School 1967 CIF Swim Championship team.

1 comment:

  1. Warren Patrick Fligg has two different gravestones on Find a Grave. The nicer one must be at West Point Military Academy and says he was Class of 1971.

    ReplyDelete