Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Regina Eve Soto Moore, BHS 1986

http://regina.eve.soto.moore1967-2016.muchloved.com/Click here: Tribute to Regina

September 9, 1967 - January 24, 2016
SAN DIEGO — A 62-year-old San Diego man was behind bars Monday in connection of the death of a woman roommate who was battered at a Clairemont Mesa-area home, stopped breathing at an apartment in Pacific Beach and later died at a hospital.

David Charles Ashton was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder at an address in the 3900 block of Mt. Everest Boulevard near Mt. Ararat Drive on Sunday, according to San Diego police acting Lt. Brent Williams.

The arrest was made near or at the home where investigators determined 48-year-old Regina Eve Moore of San Diego was battered Saturday evening, according to police and the county Medical Examiner’s Office. Moore somehow ended up afterward at an apartment on Missouri Street in Pacific Beach.

Someone there called 911 around 3:30 a.m. Sunday after Moore became unconscious and stopped breathing. She was taken to a hospital where it was determined she had suffered severe trauma to her head and left arm, according to Williams. “Initially, no external injuries were apparent, but due to the female’s poor medical condition she was transported to a local hospital where she was listed in extremely critical condition,” Williams said.

Moore died from her injuries shortly before 11:30 a.m. Sunday, authorities said. Homicide detectives subsequently launched an investigation into her death, but it was not immediately clear what led them to suspect Ashton.

Ashton is scheduled to be arraigned on a murder charge at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the San Diego County Courthouse, according to police and jail records.
SAN DIEGO - A man who attacked his roommate/girlfriend in her Claremont home, resulting in her death the next day, was convicted Wednesday of second-degree murder. David Charles Ashton, 63, faces 15 years to life in prison when he is sentenced April 7 for causing the Jan. 24, 2016, death of Regina Eve Moore.

Deputy District Attorney Nicole Rooney said Moore was sitting on a couch the night of Jan. 23, 2016, when Ashton crossed the room and hit her multiple times. Moore had 26 separate injuries on her body, but the hardest blows were to her head, the prosecutor said. "It wasn't just one hit," Rooney said, telling the jury that the 100- pound victim was unable to defend herself against the much larger defendant.

“He came out after her, pushed her down, took off his belt and started whipping her with it," Moore’s longtime friend, Bob Phillips said on the witness stand. "He was going at it, he was hitting her hard.” Ashton broke Moore's arm, pulled her to the floor, then kicked her, according to the prosecutor.

"He said he hit her because he wanted her to leave," Rooney told the jury.
After she was beaten, Moore was taken to the Pacific Beach apartment of another boyfriend, John Bartholomae. She died later at a hospital.

Ashton was also involved in three domestic violence incidents involving three other women dating back to 1982, the prosecutor said. Defense attorney William Nimmo told the jury that Ashton fought with Moore but didn't intend to kill her. Ashton was also charged with child molestation for allegedly abusing a step-grandson in 2005/06.

No comments:

Post a Comment