Friday, February 2, 2018

Darlene Kay Paul Suhrbier, BHS 1989

From Amy Monroe, BHS 1989 posted this on Facebook today:

Sadly, BHS Class of 1989 has lost another classmate this year. Darlene Kay Suhrbier (aka Darlene Paul) passed yesterday Feburary 1, 2018 after heart surgery complications that she'd been battling since November. She leaves behind her husband Steve, her three kids Kirstin, Erika, and Brad, and a cute little grandson, Trace.

I met Darlene when we were at John Muir together. I thought she was so cool with her awesome red hair, not to mention she had Cabbage Patch kids and I didn't. My brothers and I even started taking ceramics classes with Darlene's grandmother on Saturday mornings. In high school, Darlene and I were on Drill Team together. And if blue polyester uniforms with white knee-high go-go boots and blue eye shadow doesn't bond friends, tell me, what does?

When I moved back to L.A. after a 17-year long absence to the east coast, Darlene was one of the first people I reconnected with. And she introduced me to Lemon Drops! She made me feel at home again even though so much time had passed.

Always an outgoing, caring soul, loved by many, Darlene will be missed greatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment