Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Roy Monninger, BHS 1940

Roy Monninger, BHS 1940

Roy Monninger passed away on February 16, 2009. Roy was a World War II Army veteran, a USC graduate, and a long-time elementary school teacher in the Downey, California school system. 

His wife, Jane; sons Jim and John, brother Don, and their families survive him. Roy was very much a product of his years at Burbank High School and his connections with the many friends he had there. He enjoyed the Senior Bulldog News over the years.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Monninger taught me in the 4th and 5th grade in Downey. I have had many teachers since but none so influential and memorable. I wish I had a chance to tell him this in person, but thank you for everything you did for that 10 and 11 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr.Monninger was my 6th grade teacher at Maude Price Elementary, Downey, CA

    ReplyDelete