Monday, June 21, 2010

Joanna "Joey" Riddell Shillinglaw, BHS 1981

Joanna "Joey" Riddell Shillinglaw, BHS 1981

Joanna "Joey" Riddell Shillinglaw was born in San Siego, CA on June 24, 1963 and went to heaven July 19, 2003. Joey leaves a loving husband Wade and daughter Vanessa Huelden; two sons Wade Jr. and Chad: mother Barbara Riddell; dad Joe Mirabell; sister Terry Riddell; grandfather N.R.Tadewald; and several nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other friends and family. Joanna attended Burbank High School, class of 1981, became a hairdresser and later a homemaker and mom.

Services by Father Alexander will be held Saturday, August 2, 2003 at 11:00 am, at St. Finbar Catholic Church, 2010 W. Olive Ave., Burbank, CA. 91506.


Fresno Bee, The (CA) - Saturday, July 26, 2003

Man charged in wife's death A Visalia man was charged earlier this week with his wife's death after she died a week ago of major injuries suffered during a July 9 car crash. Wade Shillinglaw was charged with manslaughter, the California Highway Patrol said.

Joanna Shillinglaw suffered major head trauma, and her husband was arrested on suspicion of felony driving under the influence July 9 after their minivan rolled several times. CHP officers said Wade Shillinglaw , 44, was driving west on Avenue 280 near Highway 99 when passenger Joanna Shillinglaw opened her door and threatened to jump out, officers said. Wade Shillinglaw grabbed at his wife and tried to close the door but lost control of the 2001 Dodge Caravan. Joanna Shillinglaw was ejected as the minivan rolled, officers said.

NOTE: The charges were later dropped!

5 comments:

  1. I love and miss you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your laugh to this day I can still hear. It's as if just yesterday we all sat by the pool I guess you could say we were being ladies of leisure right. Haha. Your daughter has grown to look so much like you shes as beautiful as her mother. I have many many great memories with you and your family-friendly thank you for all the special moments you've created in my childhood I treasure so much. And I can't leave out thanks for introducing me to tuna casserole... oh wow my fav for years after that night. Miss you lots all my love til we meet again on the other side. .btw my mother has mentioned you many times and I know misses you dearly. All our live from my family to you and your family. Xox rest in peace neighbor! Xox ...wait... p.s... I've yet to find a hair stylist as good as you were w my hair.. you knew your stuff thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice message. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I can't fathom how Wade avoided culpability for Joanna's death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because he didn’t do anything wrong. That’s how! Sincerely his daughter.

    ReplyDelete