Friday, December 24, 2021

Janet Marie Mercurio, BHS 1969

Janet Marie Mercurio, BHS 1969

I am sad to report the passing of Janet Marie Mercurio. Janet was born on March 2, 1951 in Los Angeles County, California and passed away on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 in Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon. She was 59 years old.

Janet grew up in Burbank and was active in the Burbank Ponytail League. She at one time played on the Pixies and was involved in the yearly Ponytail Jamboree which was held each year in Burbank and Janet took some  individual  awards home. 

Janet graduated from Burbank High School in 1969. After graduating from Burbank High, she went on to Los Angeles Valley College where she played on the women's softball and basketball teams with me. I was 2 years older than her when she joined the team. I lost track of Janet after I graduated. I always wondered what ever happened to her. No other details at this time. May she rest in peace.

From Linda Mustion, BHS 1967

Janet is in center back row behind woman kneeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment