Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Duane Leslie Thaxton, BHS 1967

Duane Leslie Thaxton, BHS 1967

JANUARY 26, 1949 – FEBRUARY 26, 2021

Duane Leslie Thaxton was born on January 26, 1949 and passed away on February 26, 2021 and is under the care of Eternal Valley Memorial Park Mortuary. NO PUBLIC SERVICES ARE SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME.

Duane was my classmate having graduated from Burbank High with the class of 1967. I would see Duane around the school campus, but did not really know him. He was a guy with good looks and a great smile. Duane was one of our class Zooming buddies that our class does every Friday during Covid 19. Duane was last on Zoom with us end of last year.  

Duane's wife Carolyn informed our class with the following message: I have sad news. 

Duane passed away in his sleep yesterday. He was fighting lymphoma but we didn't beat it this time. He always enjoyed talking about all of you and I always wondered why he stayed so close to friends from long ago. Then.....I met all of you and now I know. 

Due to Covid I'm not quite sure what I will do for a service but I wanted you to know about his passing. 

NOTE: There is a Find A Grave memorial for him at Eternal Valley Memorial Park, Newhall, California, but I have not confirmed that he is actually buried there due to the fact his brief obit says funeral services were there, but did not say interment following.

No comments:

Post a Comment