Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Joanne Newton Roemer, BHS 1947

Joanne Newton Roemer, BHS 1947

Joanne Newton Roemer was born and raised in Burbank California. Gladys and Neil Newton were her parents. Joanne graduated from Burbank High in 1947. She loved Burbank high she talked about it a lot when I was growing up. She was involved in choir and many other extracurricular activities for school. 

Her son Miles Roemer remembers his mother, I can remember my mom reciting the school cheer I know it started with the words fire water fire water and ended with the words Burbank bulldogs can't be beat! My mom's best friend was Nadine and Bill Magee also from class of 1947. My mother was also friends with Victor Tayback, BHS 1948 who was an actor on the TV show "Alice."

She is survived by two boys David Roemer and Miles Roemer. She married in 1951 to Robert Roemer. They were married 49 years until his passing in 2000. Her last place of residence was Payson Arizona. 



1 comment:

  1. She was very pretty. I’m so sorry for your loss. May she RIP.

    ReplyDelete